Sure, you’re a plain cheese pizza kind of person, but get ready to spice things up with these insanely delicious recipe from Top Chef’s Spike Mendelsohn for Spicy Salami Pizza Pie!
· Store Bought Pizza Dough
· 1 lb. Store Bought Sliced Salami
· 2 14.5 oz. cans of Peeled Roma Tomatoes
· 1 tbsp. Chili Flakes
· 1 Bunch Cilantro (cleaned and chopped)
· 1 Bunch Parsley (cleaned and chopped)
· Zest of 1 Lemon
· Zest of 1 Lime
· Zest of 1 Orange
· 1 lb. Mozzarella
· Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Seasoning
· Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
1. Add Roma tomatoes into the BLACK+Decker Performance Blender. Add chili flakes and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse the blender a few times until evenly chopped (some chunkiness is good).
2. To create Pizza Gremolata, add cilantro, parsley and zest of 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange into the BLACK+DECKER Performance Food Processor. Season with salt and pepper and pulse adding a little olive oil to blend.
3. Cut mozzarella into small pieces and shred in the BLACK+DECKER Performance Food Processor.
4. Stretch the pizza dough out thin and round. Spread chunky tomato sauce all the way to the edge leaving room for a little crust. Use as much sauce as needed. Generously spread salami and mozzarella cheese all over the pizza. Cook the pizza in the 5 Minute Pizza Oven & Snack Maker until golden brown and crispy. After pizza is cooked, garnish with the gremolata and serve.